Geoffrey Wonnacott Miniature Cabinetmaker
After many years of planning and teaching workshops for miniature groups both locally and at international shows, there has been a growing interest from those who want to work on projects independently, at their own pace and in the comfort of their own homes.
I can now introduce the start of a range of workshop projects that can be made at home, aimed at those with a reasonable ability and some experience or understanding.
For each project you will receive a comprehensive package of timber and materials, taking much of the hard work out of creating your own miniature furniture, but without removing the need for your own skilful shaping and accurate assembly.
Each pack includes:
- A detailed booklet following every stage of the project;
- Scale drawings;
- Prepared cutting list of timber and parts;
- Sundries needed to complete the piece;
- Finishing materials (where possible)
In most cases you will only need your own basic hand tools, rotary tool / drill which most have already.
The first available projects are:
- George III pedestal dining table, either D-end or rounded corner top with sizes for either 6 or 8 chairs;
- Chippendale dining chair;
- Chippendale dining armchair / carver.
Further details will follow in early August